Surrey Junior Low Grade Competition
*** LEVEL 2 open event for junior red and yellow belts ***
- Competitors must be aged 8 and under 16 years old on the day of the tournament.
- Maximum grade 6th
- All Competitors must present a valid BJA licence or a BJA affiliated association licence at the weigh-in together with proof of grade.
Group A – boys aged 8 to 11 years – weigh in 0830-0900
Weight groups: -27kg / -30kg / -34kg / -38kg / -42kg / -46kg / -50kg / +50kg
Group B – boys aged 12 to 15 years – weigh in 1030-1100
Weight groups: -42kg /-46kg /-50kg /-55kg /-60kg /-66kg /-73kg /-81kg /- 90kg / +90kg
Group C – girls aged 8 to 11 years – weigh in 1230-1300
Girls weight groups: -28kg / -32kg / -36kg / -40kg / -44kg / -48kg / +48kg
Group D – girls aged 12 to 15 years – weigh in 1230-1300
Weight groups: -40kg / -44kg / -48kg / -52kg / -57kg / -63kg / -70kg / +70kg
The Tournament Director reserves the right to combine categories if necessary.
- Technical restrictions will apply for groups A and C
- No armlocks and strangles are permitted
- Golden score for group A and C is 3 minutes (if required), other categories unlimited.
- Current BJA rules apply
- Medals will be presented throughout the day
- All competitors must always wear suitable footwear when off the mat
- Only matside qualified coaches with a valid card will be allowed matside
- Coaching will be allowed throughout the contests
- All players must weigh in with T-shirt and trousers with a 0.8kg allowance
- Videos and photographs may be taken on the day and used to advertise the event
In the event of any dispute either on or off the mat, the decision of the Tournament Director will be final.
Entry Fee: £25
Spectators and Car Parking: Free