Surrey Closed Championships
- Competitors must be over 8 years of age on the day of the competition.
- All Competitors must present a valid BJA licence or a BJA affiliated association licence at the weigh-in together with proof of grade.
- As this is a closed event, players must be registered to fight for Surrey.
- Medalists may be selected for the Inter-County Teams in Surrey on 14th May 2023.
NO CURRENT VALID LICENCE = NO CONTEST = NO EXCEPTIONS
- No armlocks or strangles allowed except in the Senior event
- The Senior event will be split into 2nd Kyu & below and 1st Kyu & Dan Grades and will be point scoring. However, we may combine groups if there are not sufficient players on the day
- Method of competition will be pools throughout
- Current BJA rules apply
- Medals will be presented throughout the day
- All competitors must always wear suitable footwear when off the mat.
- Only matside qualified coaches with a valid card will be allowed matside. Coaching will be permitted throughout contests.
In the event of any dispute either on or off the mat, the decision of the Tournament Director will be final. The Tournament Director reserves the right to combine categories if necessary. Videos and photographs may be taken on the day and used to advertise the event.
U16 Girls -28, -32, -36, -40, -44, -48, -52, -57, -63, +63 kgs. Weigh in 0845-0915
U16 Boys -30, -34, -38, -42, -46, -50, -55, -60, -66, +66 kgs. Weigh in 0945-1030
Senior Men -66, -73, -81, -90, -100 +100 kgs. Weigh in 1300-1330
Senior Women -52, -57, -63, -70, -78, +78 kgs. Weigh in 1300-1330
All players must weigh in with T-shirt and trousers with a 0.6kg allowance.
Entry Fee: £20.00
Spectators and Car Parking: Free
Closing Date: Monday 20th March 2023
Queries to: firstname.lastname@example.org